I. DIAMOND PASTES (STANDARD AND PRECISION)
Used for finishing metals, alloys and nonmetallic materials.
The past includes:
- micropowder synthetic diamond abrasive
- fillers and warp from organic fats, fatty acids, paraffinic hydrocarbons and their derivatives and polymers
- surface-active compounds with a view to facilitating the removal of debris from the treated paste details
Pastes vary in size and the percentage content of diamond grains, the type of diluent and washability.
Diamond pastes can be supplied with different content of diamond powder:
N – the normal content of diamond powder;
P – with higher content of diamond powder;
W – with the highest content of diamond powder.
Table 1 shows the concentration and color pastes, depending on the grain size diamond
|DIAMOND GRAIN SIZE IN PASTE||GRAIN CONTENT BY WEIGHT DIAMONDS IN PASTE IN [%]||COLOUR|
Depending on the client’s needs may be the consistency of toothpaste:
T – hard
Pastes can be washable:
Diamond pastes interact chemically and mechanically to the machined surface, form a thin emulsion emulsions leading to a uniform distribution of diamond grains treated area.
Table 2 shows the types of diamond pastes, texture, washability and their applications.
|D||O||M||Processing of ferrous metals and their alloys|
|R||W||M||Processing of semiconductor materials, ceramics, sharpening turning tools with boron nitride, iron working, glass, sintered metals and beryllium with a hard lap|
|F||WO||M||Processing of metals and their alloys|
|G||O||M||Processing of metal and non-ferrous metals, their alloys, steel, non-metallic materials and semiconductors|
|L||O, WO||M||Machining stainless steel, cast iron, ceramics, sintered metals, tungsten carbide|
|H||WO||T||Processing of glass, semiconductors, tools of tungsten carbide|
Table 3 shown the dependence of the work surface roughness of the particle size toothpaste and toothpaste consumption depending on the concentration.
|GRAIN SIZE OF DIAMOND||CONSUMPTION OF PASTE (mg)||SURFACE ROUGHNESS (RA)|
|N||P||W||BEFORE MACHINING||AFTER MACHINING|
Diamond paste should be stored at 25 ° + / – 5 ° C. At higher temperature decreases the viscosity of pastes and may lose uniformity of paste which will decrease the quality of treatment. Storage period: 2 years old.
PRECISION DIAMOND PASTES
Differ from diamond past using of diamond micropowder precision grade: ASN – In and ASM – W. They are finishing gemstones, optical elements, ceramics, semiconductors and stones with higher technical quality. In relation to the past standard offer increased treatment capacity and improve the quality of the work surface.
II. PASTE with titanium carbide WT.
Shoe cleaning WT is sorted by size composition of titanium carbide powders, surfactants and binders.
Past WT is used for grinding and polishing and loose parts in the aerospace industry, the production of precision bearings, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment (valves, taps, manifolds, etc.), industrial motor (valve seats), the tool industry.
Pastes are produced in large grain size range from 630/500 to 2 / 1 mm.
Depending on the weight content of titanium carbide powder (from 20% to 60% by weight of paste) paste can be:
N – normal concentration
Q – increased concentration
Pasta can be provided as follows:
M – Soft
T – Hard
III. LAPPING TOOL
Criteria for selection of material on lapping tool:
- Material should be softer on the material machined
- Hard laps applied using a thick paste of grain to remove thick layers of material
- Soft laps recommended to obtain a minimum roughness of machined surfaces
- For paste with different grain sizes use different laps
- During the transition from paste to a thick paste of grain to fine grain of detail to be machined washed
Choice of material depends on lap machined material, its hardness and the desired surface quality.
- Cast Iron – provides high performance and the desired geometry of the work surface, do not provide the small Ra, cast iron is suitable for machining hard materials pastes large grain size. At laps use cast iron for small grain and low porosity
- Steel – can be used instead of iron in those cases where the small cross-section of iron, his strength is inadequate; steel shall be used only for removing thick layers
- Copper, brass – the best use for the finishing treatment using a diamond paste with an average grain size, to increase the transverse strength of the steel used laps fill
- Wood – different species of hard-(hail, oak, beech) to soft (birch, linden) – well keep reducing the consumption of grain diamond paste
- Glass – it is recommended to use when polishing semi-precious stones, corundum, garnet, and others
- Fiber – applies to laps, which should keep its shape well when applying the paste of medium and small grain, you can get a very high surface quality
- Leather, saddle, felt – highly recommended to use the past only by using a small grain of the treatment finishing and polishing the mirror surface j, these materials can be used on the surface of rotating discs or gear for reciprocating motion – turning
SUBMISSION OF CONTRACT:
When placing an order please feel free to include the following:
- Type pastes: diamond, diamond precision carbide or titanium,
- In the case of diamond paste – type (depending on the intended use)
- Grain size
- Concentration of grain